- About YDS
- Admissions & Aid
- Life at YDS
- Faculty & Research
English Exegesis: Revelation
T TH 9:00am - 10:20am
1) To study the Book of Revelation in its original context, as best we can discover that.
2) To pay some attention to the way in which the book has been interpreted in the centuries since it was written.
3) To note some of the ethical, cultural, theological and political implications of the book for the 21st century.
New Testament Interpretation, Introduction to Christian Ethics or the equivalent.
1. Complete reading assignments for each class.
2. Presence and participation in class discussions.
3. Three exegesis papers, eight to ten pages double spaced. A handout on exegesis papers will be distributed during the first week of class.
4. One of the latter two papers may be a sermon manuscript, seven to nine pages, double spaced. A handout on style and content will be distributed in class.
5. One book on issues of interpretation in Revelation to be read and discussed for last week of class.
1. Attendance and informed participation in discussion.
2. The three assigned papers.