The programs in supervised ministries are internships to help students gain professional competence, build frameworks for raising practical theological issues, acquire more comprehensive and realistic views of ministry in the Church and other settings, and develop ministerial identities.
Supervised Ministry is a course in the YDS curriculum that is uniquely situated at the intersection of academic study and the practices of ministry. The Office of Supervised Ministries wants to help you negotiate a supervised ministry experience that will develop or enhance the skills and practical wisdom required for the ministry to which you are drawn!
The Office of Supervised Ministries is excited to help you get started!
- First, read the "A Brief Overview of Supervised Ministry"
- Then begin exploring your options by referring to the "Chart of Supervised Ministries Options" and our website.
- Next, you are ready to start learning about the Internship Selection Process.
- Refer to the handout "Tips on Choosing a Supervised Ministry Site" as you research your options!
- Begin to complete your Experiential Learning Application in DivLink.
|Chart of Supervised Ministries Options||46 KB|
|A Brief Overview of Supervised Ministries (Prospective Interns)||34.37 KB|
|Tips on Choosing a Supervised Ministry Site||149.45 KB|
|Financial Aid Information||33.5 KB|