A supervised ministry site must be able to:
- Give a student an opportunity to work with people on serious issues;
- Provide significant tasks that a student can accomplish and learn from on a part-time and short-term (less than one year) basis;
- Provide a stable context and consistent direction and oversight of a student’s activities;
- Enable a student to function in roles appropriate to their status as students in formation;
- Provide opportunities for the intern to gain new knowledge and experience rather than simply practice what they already know;
- Facilitate a student’s learning through ongoing conversation and reflection;
- Submit paperwork for the internship, as required by the Office of Supervised Ministries.