YDS Information Technology
The Yale Divinity School offers technology support to the Faculty and Staff of the Yale Divinity School, the Institute of Sacred Music and the Berkeley Divinity School. We also offer limited support to Divinity, ISM and Berkeley Students in the form of network, email and netid/password assistance as well as advice on general repairs.
Location: We are located at 409 Prospect Street, New Haven, CT - Room L110, next to the Student Computing cluster on the south side of the building.
Service hours: Our service hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm for Faculty and Staff repairs.
STUDENTS - Specific hours may be posted for student walk up service at which time you are free to just drop by and leave your computer with us for support. We do not always offer walk up hours so please call ahead or email us in order to set up an appointment or to talk to one of the IT staff members (Tim Garrison - 203-432-8180 or Bob Piscatelli - 203-432-5273). You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Faculty and Staff Services provided include:
- PC, Mac, iPhone/Smart Phone connection for use on the Yale wired and wireless network.
- Email support.
- Virus removal / Anti Virus setup.
- Data transfer from old computer to new computer.
- Windows updates, Anti-Virus updates.
- General computer advice.
- New computer purchase recommendations and setup.
- Smart Phone, iPhone, Blackberry and other device set up, trouble shooting and support.
- Various items of hardware and software support.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Entourage) support.
- Network and shared drive support.
- Miscellaneous Information Technology support. Please ask if you have an IT need and do not see your area of concern on this list.
Student Services provided include:
- General computer advice.
- Network support.
- Netid, email and password activation, help and support.
- PC, Mac, iPhone, Blackberry, Smart Phone connection for use on the Yale wired and wireless network.
- L109 Computer cluster support.
- Other support items **
** Please Note: Virus support, Data transfers, software support, and other student IT related issues are provided as time allows, as other Divinity School critical computing needs may take priority.
What to do if you are in need of computing assistance? Please contact us via one of the avenues below:
- Email email@example.com
- Phone contact - see the technician phone information below.
- Contact the Yale IT Helpdesk at 2-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Garrison, C&IS Support Specialist, 203-432-8180, email@example.com.
Robert Piscatelli, C&IS Support Specialist, 203-432-5273, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audio Visual Support for the Divinity School and the Institute of Sacred Music:
Sachin Ramabhadran - Media Technician, 203-432-8251, email@example.com.