YDS Information Technology
The Yale Divinity School offers technology support to the Faculty and Staff of the Yale Divinity School, the Institute of Sacred Music and the Berkeley Divinity School. We also offer limited support to Divinity, ISM and Berkeley Students in the form of assistance getting connected to the YaleSecure wifi network, the Cisco AnyConnect VPN software and the Paper Cut printing system.
Location: We are located at 409 Prospect Street, New Haven, CT - Room L110, next to the Student Computing cluster on the south side of the building.
Service hours: Our service hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm for Faculty and Staff repairs.
STUDENT ASSISTANCE - For assistance in connectivity issues (YaleSecure, VPN and PaperCut, please email us in order to set up an appointment or to speak with one of the IT staff members (Tim Garrison - 203-432-8180 or Bob Piscatelli - 203-432-5273). You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment. All other student repairs are handled by Central Campus Support via the Yale Student Technology Collaborative or the Yale ITS Walk-In Computer Support Centers.
Faculty and Staff Services provided include:
- PC, Mac, iPhone/Smart Phone connection for use on the Yale wired and wireless network.
- Email support.
- Virus removal / Anti Virus setup.
- Data transfer from old computer to new computer.
- Windows updates, Anti-Virus updates.
- General computer advice.
- New computer purchase recommendations and setup.
- Smart Phone, iPhone and other device set up, trouble shooting and support.
- Various items of hardware and software support.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Entourage) support.
- Network and shared drive support.
- Miscellaneous Information Technology support. Please ask if you have an IT need and do not see your area of concern on this list.
Student Services provided include:
- Netid, email and password activation, help and support.
- Connectivity support including, YaleSecure WiFi, Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Paper Cut cluster printing.
- L109 Computer cluster support.
- Referrals for computer repair.
What to do if you are in need of computing assistance? Please contact us via one of the avenues below:
- Email email@example.com
- Phone contact - see the technician phone information below.
- Contact the Yale IT Helpdesk at 2-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students may also contact the Yale Student Technology Collaborative or the Yale ITS Walk-In Computer Support Centers.
Yale Divinity Information Technology Office email address: email@example.com
Tim Garrison, C&IS Support Specialist, 203-432-8180, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Piscatelli, Client Support Specialist, 203-432-5273, email@example.com
Audio Visual Support for the Divinity School and the Institute of Sacred Music:
Sachin Ramabhadran - Media Technician, 203-432-8251, firstname.lastname@example.org.