- About YDS
- Admissions & Aid
- Life at YDS
- Faculty & Research
Evangelism in the Context of Mission and World Christianity
Permission Not Required
Examines biblical, historical, theological, sociocultural, and practical dimensions of evangelism. Gives special attention to the complex dynamics of intercultural communication in the transmission of faith. Students are encouraged to explore evangelism from the perspectives of their own faith journeys as well as some specific church tradition.
1. Students will develop a broader understanding of evangelism.
2. Students will evaluate various approaches to evangelism.
3. Students will work out their own practical theology of evangelism.
Required reading, attendance, class participation, first-person narrative, and final paper
Basis of Evaluation:
1. Attend class regularly and participate in discussions. Students who miss more than one unexcused class will have their grades lowered. 25%
2. Sign an honor sheet on assigned readings provided at the end of the course. 25%
3. First-person narrative 10%
4. Paper – In dialogue with assigned readings, develop a practical theology of evangelism. 40%