- About YDS
- Admissions & Aid
- Application Instructions and Requirements
- Fall Open House for Prospective Students
- Office of Admissions
- Degree Programs and Certificates
- Non-Degree Programs
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Visit and Connect
- Request Information
- International Applicants
- Accreditation and Educational Effectiveness
- YDS Bulletin & Policies
- Life at YDS
- Faculty & Research
Program and Outreach Coordinator
Hours and Expectations: Full time, 40 hours per week. It is envisioned to be four eight-hour days with Sundays and evenings as well, although flexibility is possible. Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000, plus insurance package
Position Overview: As a Community Outreach Coordinator at Church of Christ, Congregational in Newington you will play an active role in developing and maintaining mission and outreach programs, engaging volunteers, and fostering relationships within our Church community and the broader Newington community.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain Mission and outreach programs of the Church.
- Engage, recruit, and train volunteers, and develop leadership.
- Work closely with volunteers associated with GHIAA (Greater Hartford Interfaith Action Alliance).
- Develop and execute an intentional community outreach strategy aimed at fostering relationships and expanding our collaborations to address community needs. Strengthen our presence in the community by increasing our participation in Newington groups and events.
- Reimagine the use of our church building to better serve the local community.
- Invite the community into our Church more regularly and create a safe space for building relationships.
- Take a lead role in planning, organizing, and managing events.
- Plan events with groups of all ages of the congregation: youth, families, intergenerational and seniors (eg: sleep out for the homeless, making peanut butter sandwiches, community dialogs, book groups, game nights, etc.)
- Assist the pastor to create, cultivate, and hold safe spaces for connection, belonging, and healing (eg: classes or support groups or interest groups with regard to prayer, art, interview preparation, walking groups, poetry classes, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and systems
- Ability to interface with a wide variety of people
- Proficient in Microsoft office and Google Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Creativity in designing outreach programs and events
- Willing to take the initiative and engage with people and organizations
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people across various activities
- Tact and discretion in handling confidential information
- Experience attending, volunteering, or working in a church setting preferred
Who We Are: Church of Christ, Congregational in Newington is an active and vibrant community of faith. It has a 300-year history of being the hands and heart of God in its local community and beyond. The Church is open and affirming and believes ALL people are welcome to attend and belong, regardless of their race, sexual orientation or background. This faith community offers congregants of all ages numerous and meaningful ways to grow in faith and service.