Links useful to current students
See updated information on Commencement 2021.
Below are links for current students related to a range of resources on the YDS campus and greater Yale campus. These links are regularly updated. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs if you find something outdated or missing.
- Academic Calendar
- Course Schedules
- Divinity Library
- Exam Schedule
- Yale Course Search
- Student FAQ - Enrollment, FinAid, Extended or Changing Degree Programs
- Transformational Leadership Program
- YDS Bulletin
- Student Organization Handbook and Event Planning Guide
- Student Accessibility Services: “The primary mission of Student Accessibility Services (SAS) is to facilitate individual accommodations for all students with disabilities throughout the entire University, and by so doing, work to remove physical and attitudinal barriers, which may prevent their full participation in the University community.” The YDS contact at SAS is Susan Olson MDiv ‘93 email@example.com.
- Poorvu Center for Teaching & Learning: Office Hours, Study Hall, Study Groups, Writing Center and Tutors, Peer Tutoring, Academic Workshops, Academic Mentors. Our students also work at the Poorvu Center in these roles.
Staff and Administration
- Yale University Chaplain’s Office
- Committee for Spiritual Formation
- Marquand Chapel
- Annand Spiritual Direction: Berkeley Divinity School offers the opportunity for Spiritual Direction at no cost to YDS students. Please contact: Annemarie Delgado MDiv ‘20 firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Government, Community Life Committee, and Student Groups
Housing and Related Issues
Health and Wellness
- Student Health at Yale Health
- Flu Shot: Make your appointment for a Flu Shot …. Free for all students, don’t have to be part of Yale Health. The Divinity School is a Flu Shot Site.
- Yale Well: “This site is a web-based guide to wellness information, resources, and opportunities for all students at Yale.”
- Yale Health “Yale Health promotes the health and well-being of every member of the Yale community, so that each individual can achieve his or her highest goals and aspirations. Providing consistently outstanding care, compassionate, patient-centered service and innovative practices is our promise to our members and Yale University.”
- Yale Mental Health & Counseling: “All Yale students enrolled at least half time in a Yale degree program are eligible for counseling at Mental Health & Counseling completely free of charge regardless of whether they have waived Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care coverage. Spouses and civil union partners are eligible for services if they are enrolled in the Yale Health plan as a dependent.”
Campus and Local Resources
- Campus Map (pdf)
- Campus Policies
- Office of International Students & Scholars: Information for International Students: https://oiss.yale.edu/covid-19
- Yale Office of New Haven & State Affairs
- SHARE: Sexual Harassment and Assault Response & Education: “SHARE is available to all members of the Yale community who are dealing with sexual misconduct of any kind, including sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, intimate partner violence, and more. We assist individuals who are dealing with both current/recent and past experiences, as well as offer support to those who may experience something indirectly such as supporting friends, family or loved ones or witnessing something of concern. Additionally, we have resources for individuals who may have concerns about their own behavior.”
- Belonging @ Yale: “We are committed to a campus community in which all members can achieve their highest potential. Here you will find information on the policies that strengthen Yale’s community of learning and protect all its members; university entities that study or foster diversity, equity, and inclusion; and relevant reports and policy statements.”
Office of LGBTQ Resources
Karis Slattery MDiv’20 is the Graduate Programs Coordinator: email@example.com“Whether you’re new to Yale or you’ve been here a while, you can find a network of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students, faculty, and staff. The Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Resources can help you connect to others in the community and learn about Yale’s LGBTQ social, cultural and academic programs and events. We work to create a visible LGBTQ community that includes staff, faculty and students from all of Yale’s schools and from a wide variety of life experiences. We actively network with other Yale offices that advocate in support of diversity.
- http://yaledailynews.com/ The Yale Daily News print edition lists many upcoming events on campus and in undergraduate colleges that are open to all students. The online edition will also have posts about upcoming events, but the print edition is more comprehensive.
- http://calendar.yale.edu/cal/ The Yale Calendar of Events includes listings from many departments and colleges on campus. You can sort the events by format like “classes, demonstrations & workshops” or “film & media screenings”; by the department that is hosting the event; by category; and even by audience. This central calendar is the best way to browse events happening all over campus.
- https://messages.yale.edu/Subscribe/ There are a number of campus newsletters and mailing lists that you can subscribe to via the University Messages system. Once you log in, browse the area listings on the left menu.
- http://studentlife.yale.edu/student-groups-activities Bear in mind that many groups at Yale use their own office systems for announcements so it’s a good idea to reach out directly to any group in which you are interested to ask to be included on their lists.
- Signing up for DivMail:
- Go here: https://subscribe.yale.edu/login
- Log in under the “University Login” section using Yale Net ID or log in under “Greater Community” with your preferred e-mail address.
- Once you get to the page that says “Sign up for Emails”, choose “Divinity” under the Browse Categories.
- Then subscribe to DivMail and any other Divinity news list that you wish.
- Click “save”.
- You can unsubscribe at any time following the same steps.