Guidance for students wishing to modify their enrollment for Spring semester 2020

The Registrar’s office joins the Office of Academic Affairs in appreciating the disruptions to your academic lives as a result of the spread of COVID-19. It is our aim to make the second half of the semester as successful for you as possible. We offer this guidance in order to provide clarity and uniformity should you wish to take advantage of any of the special academic policies instituted for this semester.

  1. If you are currently enrolled in the “regular” grade mode (H, HP, etc) for one or more courses and wish to elect the “CR/LP/NC” option please complete the Permission to Change Grade Mode form and put a check mark in the “Credit/No Credit” box. You should email it to roslyn.evans@yale.edu. The form does not need your instructor’s signature but does need to be submitted by the end of the final exam period: 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5th.
  2. If you wish to withdraw from one or more courses, please complete the Add/Drop form, indicating a minus sign (-) in the appropriate column for the course(s) from which you would like to withdraw. Email the completed form to roslyn.evans@yale.edu and lisabeth.huck@yale.edu. The form does not need your adviser’s signature but does need to be submitted by the end of the final exam period: 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5th. Note that, since the course will be removed from your transcript, we would be unable to confirm at some future date that you were enrolled for half of the term. 

    If you would prefer the dropped course to appear on your transcript with the grade of “W”, add the letter “W” after the minus sign in the first column of the form (e.g. “- W”).

    You should, however, consider possible consequences of falling below full-time enrollment (e.g., consult with OISS re: policies regarding the pace of study for international students, with Yale Health re: health coverage policies, with Graduate Housing re: housing eligibility, and with Doreen Generoso in Financial Aid re: student loan deferments). We strongly discourage pursuing a course of action that would prolong your time to degree.

    If you are scheduled to graduate at the end of this term, and wonder about the impact of a particular dropped course on your degree completion, please contact Lisa at lisabeth.huck@yale.edu.

  3. If you believe you have successfully completed 75% of the course and are interested in pursuing the option to receive a “CR” for work completed, please contact the course instructor directly with your query. If the instructor can confirm that you may receive a “CR” for work already completed, they should contact the Registrar’s office directly via email to record the CR grade. Upon that confirmation you may cease participation in the course.

The Registrar’s Office works closely with the Office of Academic Affairs, Financial Aid Office, and Office of Student Affairs to support federal, state, local, and campus policies.

The policies listed here are copied from the YDS Bulletin. Always refer to the Bulletin for the most up-to-date information.

If you have any questions regarding content found here, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

Lisabeth Huck

Lisabeth Huck

Director of Academic Services and Registrar
(203) 432-5312

Roslyn Evans

Senior Administrative Assistant, Registrar
(203) 432-5311


Academic Affairs

(203) 432-6340
(203) 432-7475

Registrar's Office

(203) 432-5311
(203) 432-7475
Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00

Office of Financial Aid

(203) 432-5026
(203) 432-7475