Request a transcript or replacement diploma

To request a transcript

Per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), we cannot release a transcript without the individual’s written consent and signature. This means that we cannot accept telephone requests and can only accept email requests which include, in attachment, a scanned copy of your signed transcript request.

To order a transcript, please complete and return the downloadable form found here, or simply send a written and signed request to us at:

Office of the Registrar
Yale Divinity School
409 Prospect St.
New Haven, CT 06511

FAX: (203) 432-7475

Please remember to include: your full name at the time of graduation, your degree and graduation year, number of transcripts requested, whether you are requesting official or unofficial transcript(s), your current mailing and email addresses, your phone number, and the complete address to which the transcript(s) should be sent.

We regret that we are currently unable to transmit transcripts by any electronic means. This means that we cannot email, fax or scan your transcript.  This policy is in accordance with federal guidelines and for your privacy protection.

Effective July 1, 2015 there is no fee for transcripts. Although we make every effort to process your transcript request within two working days from the receipt of your request you should allow up to 5 days for your request to be processed, particularly during the peak periods (Oct - Dec; May).  When making your request please also remember to allow enough time for your transcript to reach its destination. 

Current students may order transcripts in person by use of the form found here or in hard copy outside of the Registrar’s office.  Current students should ensure that there is not a transcript hold on their SIS account prior to ordering transcripts.

If you have additional questions, please contact Roslyn Evans in the Registrar’s Office at (203) 432-5311, or e-mail her at

–Last updated: July 1, 2015

To request a replacement diploma

The Office of the Secretary is responsible for the preparation of all diplomas distributed by the University. Please go to the Office of the Secretary Site for information on how to request a replacement diploma:

Lisabeth Huck

Lisabeth Huck

(203) 432-5312

Roslyn Evans

Assistant to the Registrar
(203) 432-5311


Registrar's Office

(203) 432-5311
(203) 432-7475
Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00